ELECTROSTATICS = A
PART-I Answer the following:- 15X3=45
1. What is electrostatics? Define its branches.
2. Define electric lines of force
3. What is meant by dielectric polarization?
4. Write a note on Microwave oven.
5. Define electric flux. Give its unit.
6. Define one farad.
7. Why it is safer to be inside a car than standing under a tree during lightning?
8. What do you mean by quantization of charges?
9. Define electric dipole moment. Write its unit.
10. Define electric potential energy.
11. Define electric field intensity. Write its units.
12. Explain the principle of superposition.
13. Distinguish between electric potential and potential difference.
14. Define unit of potential difference.
15. Define equipotential surface.
PART –II Answer all the questions:- 3X5=15
1. Derive an expression for electric potential at a point due to a point charge.
2. Using gauss law derive an expression for electric field due to two parallel charged sheet.
3. Derive an expression for effective capacitance of capacitors connected in parallel.
PART-III Answer all the questions:- 2X10=20
1. Obtain an expression for electric potential at a point due to an electric dipole.
2. Define Gauss law. using gauss law derive expression for (i)field due to uniformly charged spherical shell.(ii)field due to an infinite long straight charged wire
- CURRENT ELECTRICITY
- EFFECTS OF ELECTRIC CURRENT
- ELECTROMAGNETIC INDUCTION AND ALTERNATING CURRENT
- Electromagnetic waves and Wave Optics.
- ATOMIC PHYSICS
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter and Relativity
- Nuclear Physics
- Semiconductor Devices and their Applications
- Communication Systems
- PRIVATE POLICY.