E L E C T R O S T A T I C S .3M ANSWERS,
1. DEFINE ELECTRIC POTENTIAL ENERGY.
The electric potential energy of two point charges is equal to the work done to assemble the charges or workdone in bringing each charge or work done in bringing a charge from infinite distance
2. DEFINE EQUIPOTENTIAL SURFACE,
If all the points of a surface are at the same electric potential,then the surface is called an equipotential surface .If the charge is to be moved between any two points on an equipotential surface through any path, the work done is zero.
3. DEFINE ELECTRIC FLUX
The electric flux is defined as the total number of electric lines of
force, crossing through the given area. Ø = E . ds
4. DEFINE GAUSS’S LAW
Gauss’s law states that the total flux of the electric field E over any closed surface is equal to1/εo times the net charge enclosed by the surface. Ø =q/εo
5. DEFINE ELECTROSTATIC SHEILDING
Electrostatic sheilding is the process of isolating a certain region of space from external field. It is based on the fact that electric field inside a conductor is zero.
- CURRENT ELECTRICITY
- EFFECTS OF ELECTRIC CURRENT
- ELECTROMAGNETIC INDUCTION AND ALTERNATING CURRENT
- Electromagnetic waves and Wave Optics.
- ATOMIC PHYSICS
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter and Relativity
- Nuclear Physics
- Semiconductor Devices and their Applications
- Communication Systems
- PRIVATE POLICY.